The Inchmarlo Parents Association and VCB Friends of Prep have collaborated again this year, to bring you what we hope will be a fabulous, freaky, fun filled Halloween Party on Thursday 26 October from 6-8pm.
Hopefully you have seen the emails and posters in both schools, but we wanted to give you a bit more information about the fabulous things that we have planned, so here are a few points to note:
- Fancy dress is definitely to be encouraged amongst the boys and girls. The IPA committee and FOP will be in fancy dress and it would be great to see parents embrace the Halloween madness and come along in fancy dress too! Spot prizes will be awarded for the best fancy dress costumes!
- The annual Pumpkin Competition will take place again this year. Carved pumpkins should be brought to Inchmarlo on the morning of Thursday 26th October and left on the tables inside, in the main corridor, opposite after schools. Based on previous entries, Mr Smyth and Mrs Hrabovsky will have a hard job choosing the winners! Pumpkin prizes will be awarded in the gym at 7.15pm.
- Don’t worry about dinner, the BBQ will be serving delicious burgers and sausages (supplied by Corries, Lisburn Road), and there will be plenty of Halloween themed cupcakes, sweets, crisps popcorn and drinks to keep the kids going (and going and going…..)
- New for this year will be spooky Halloween punch, suitable for kids and adults!
- We’re so excited about our new additions this year. The ‘Tent of Terror’ will be at the back of the gym - ‘enter if you dare’! And our new spooktacular ‘Ghost Train’ will be weaving its way around the Forest School and pitches for those brave enough to take the trip!
- Back this year is the Spooky Fun Zone behind the gym, with a ghouly coconut shy, hoop a pumpkin, and more.
- A Ghostly Disco can be found in the gym.
- Please make sure that some pocket money has been saved for glow sticks, snappers, torches and our other spooky stalls in the covered way - our knitted winter hat stall will also be back again this year.
- Tea, coffee and spooky Halloween punch will be available near the Spooky Fun Zone, or in the canteen if it rains.
- A delicious selection of spooky buns, beastly biscuits, creepy cupcakes and scary sweet treats will be available in the covered way. Enjoy on the night or buy a spooky selection to take away and enjoy at home!
- Don't miss the Fireworks Display at 7.40pm. Spectators will have a good view from the tarmac behind the gym.
By way of housekeeping:
- Please be mindful of our neighbours when parking your cars. We received complaints about the parking at last year’s event and we would ask that you take care not to block entrances or footpaths, whether on Cranmore Gardens, Bawnmore Road, or elsewhere.
- Toilets will be available in the P1 building.
- Please ensure that children stay off the grass areas where the fireworks are being let off from 7.30 onwards.
- Please ensure that children do not run through the Forest Schools area and lower pitches where the ghost train will be travelling.
- We will have perimeter security courtesy of an RBAI team and Dads, but please remind your children not to leave the grounds if you get separated, and perhaps suggest the friendship bench beside the covered way as a good meeting point.
- For those of you who are donating buns and biscuits for the event, please be reminded that Inchmarlo and VCB are nut free schools.
If you would like to get involved in the preparations for the event please get in touch with any IPA/FoP member. Volunteers to help with decorating the school, manning stalls, clearing up or providing perimeter security are always welcome.
We very much look forward to welcoming all Inchmarlo and VCB Prep families to the event.
Inchmarlo Parents Association & VCB Friends of Prep