On Friday 14th November the School Council members met together as a group to discuss their role as representatives for their class members.
The meeting opened with each girl receiving an agenda and noting the names of members present. The older girls were each assigned a younger member to assist with reading and note taking as items were discussed.
Certificates of membership were signed by all councillors.
We promise to:
- Set a good example to others.
- Work as part of a team.
- Listen to the girls in our class and voice their concerns.
- Be willing to share good ideas.
- Respect the opinion of others.
- Show that we care for our school.
Our aims for the incoming year include:
- Discuss concerns brought to the table by pupils and consider solutions.
- Listen and respond to pupils' ideas for making improvements in school and our local community.
- Consider new ideas for our annual fundraiser:
- To finance the purchase of equipment for the benefit of pupils.
- To raise funds to be of benefit to our local community.
- Develop awareness of the work in Parliament Buildings at Stormont by attending the education programme in the summer term.